Tory® offers true-to-life physical and physiological attributes, wireless mobility, and ease-of-use designed to simulate lifelike clinical cases for every stage in neonatal care. Whether training in a simulation center, in-situ, or in transit, Tory brings neonatal simulation closer to real-life than ever before.
Immediate Care After Delivery
Lifelike Appearance, Anatomy, and Physiology
Tory looks and feels like a real term newborn with its soft and supple skin, lifelike vitals, and realistic articulation. The perfect combination of features for APGAR evaluation and physical examination scenarios.
Mother-Newborn Physiologic Link
When paired with Victoria®, the "Mother-Newborn Link" wirelessly transfers the condition of the fetus at the moment of birth to Tory. This exclusive feature lets operators accurately simulate the transition from intrauterine to extrauterine life with just one click. Thus, participants can practice continuity of care skills essential to improving response time and teamwork.
Neonatal Resuscitation Training
Comprehensive Cardiopulmonary Physiology with Feedback
Tory’s heart and breath sounds, chest rise, EtCO2, and O2Sat readings allow participants to practice recognizing and managing varying degrees of distress. Additionally, built-in ventilation and chest compression sensors accurately simulate realistic physiological responses to intervention, without input from the operator so that you can focus on the action.
Real CO2 Exhalation
Tory exhales real and measurable CO2 to simulate a broad range of cardiopulmonary responses. Now participants can train to interpret and manage abnormal levels of EtCO2 using a real capnometer to improve response time and reduce risk in live situations. Tory’s CO2 exhalation system is small and portable, allowing continuous monitoring during transport.
- Improve recognition and diagnosis of life-threatening conditions related to abnormal EtCO2 including respiratory distress, apnea, cardiac arrest, and shock
- Improve recognition and management of hypo- and hyperventilation using breath-to-breath ventilation data
- Train to confirm endotracheal intubation with every procedure
- Train to recognize inadvertent extubation or “false negative endotracheal intubation” due to compromised pulmonary blood flow
- Improve management of full arrest by learning to monitor perfusion during compressions in real-time and identifying the return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC)
REAL-TIME FEEDBACK eCPR™ Monitor and Smart Trainer
The eCPR™ interactive monitor and smart trainer allows educators to evaluate the effectiveness of ventilations and compressions in real-time. It also features verbal coaching cues and a comprehensive performance report for better training and better outcomes.
Care and Monitoring Using Your Real Devices
With Tory, participants can use real devices to monitor heart rate, respiration, and EtCO2. Thus participants can train in device operation and interpretation to improve patient safety. Tory also features multiple IV access sites to engage participants' cognitive, technical, and psychomotor skills. Our CD100 Neonatal Stabilization Scenario package, based on the S.T.A.B.L.E.™ Program curriculum, offers validated educational material to improve neonatal resuscitation and stabilization.
Handoffs and Transport
Wireless, Tetherless, and Battery Powered
Tory is fully functional while on battery power for up to 4 hours. There are no distracting controller wires or tethered external compressors. Our proven wireless and tetherless technology lets you easily simulate transitional care scenarios to improve inter and intra-disciplinary teamwork and communication from the labor and delivery room, to the NICU, or anywhere learning can take place.
UNI® Unified Simulator Control Software
Powered by Microsoft® Surface Pro
Powerfully Intuitive. Ready for Use
UNI’s intuitive design offers the ease of use and capabilities required by even the most demanding simulation programs.
Learn Just Once and For All
UNI’s interface design is shared across our complete line of computer-controlled patient simulators. Once familiarized, you can quickly operate other Gaumard products without retraining, saving your program valuable time and money.
- Preconfigured and Ready - UNI comes preloaded and preconfigured on the rugged 12” wireless tablet PC included with the package.
- 3D Patient Visualization Monitor - This real-time 3D view of the patient ensures you never lose track of provider/patient interaction during the simulation.
- Automatic Operating Mode - With the Automatic Mode option, UNI will automatically calculate physiologic responses to caregiver or operator actions, pharmacologic intervention, and cardiopulmonary events. It offers a powerful and easy way to increase physiologic fidelity while reducing input needed from the operator.
- Scenario Designer - Create your own scenarios quickly and easily and share them with other UNI users.
- Includes 13 Preprogrammed Scenarios - Save time and development resources by using our ready-for-use scenarios – or edit them to create your own.
- eCPRTM - Monitor rate and compression depth, no-flow time, ventilation rate, and excessive ventilation; smart trainer features vocal cues and outputs performance report.
- Lab Report Designer - Generate and share simulated diagnostic lab results to enhance case fidelity and participant involvement.
- Interactive Questionnaire Form Designer - Manage progress by easily creating interactive checklists to track participant objectives and post-simulation feedback.
- Time-stamped event recording and reporting - The automated event tracking and interaction recorder ensures important events are always captured so you can focus on the action.
- Provider Actions Tracker - The interactive “Actions” panel lets you carefully track additional team and individual provider actions to generate a more detailed and comprehensive post-simulation log.
- UNI Control View Replay - The built-in recorder captures UNI’s screen as data to allow your team to review the simulation from the operator’s chair.
- No annual software license fee - Gaumard is committed to providing the best value and to keeping your program's operating costs down year after year.
- Free software updates - Always stay up to date and take advantage of all the newest features at no additional cost.
- Free webinar training and technical support - Sign up to our monthly webinar sessions and become a UNI expert.
Complete Turnkey Solution
Turnkey Package Includes
- Tory® Tetherless Patient Simulator
- Control Tablet PC preloaded with UNI®
- (12’’ Touchscreen Tablet PC Windows 8)
- UNI® License including 13 scenarios
- RF Communications Module
- Battery charger/Power supply
- Receiving blanket, umbilical cords, tibia bone pack replacement lower arms, BP cuff, IV filling kit
- Soft carrying case
- User Manual
Accessories and Options:
- 20” All-in-one Touchscreen Virtual Patient Monitor - S2210.001.R2
- 12” Portable Touchscreen Virtual Patient Monitor - S2210.002
- Automatic Operating Mode - S2210.600
- CO2 Exhalation Option - S2210.078
- Pro+ Portable Recording and Debriefing System - S2210.211
- Installation and on-site training - S2210.INST
- Neonatal Stabilization Scenario package based on the S.T.A.B.L.E program curriculum – CD100
Features and Specifications
Appearance and Anatomy
- Appearance and Anatomy
- Age: 40-week term newborn
- Weight: 6 lbs. / 2.7 kg
- Length: 20.75 in / 52.7 cm
- Smooth and supple full body skin
- Seamless trunk and limb joints
- Realistic joint articulation: neck, shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee
- Forearm pronation and supination
- Lifelike umbilicus
- Palpable landmarks including ribs and xiphoid process
Tetherless and Wireless Mobility
- Tetherless and fully responsive even while being transported for team training
- Internal rechargeable battery provides up to 4 hrs. of tetherless operation 2
- Pneumatic and fluid reservoirs are housed inside the body
- NOELLE® Fetus-Newborn wireless link capability
- Head tilt, chin lift, jaw thrust
- Realistic orotracheal and nasotracheal airway and visible vocal cords
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation
- Neck hyperextension and airway obstruction with event capture and logging
- Intubation depth detection and logging
- Programmable crying/grunting sounds
- ETT, LMA, fiberoptic intubation
- Spontaneous breathing
- Real end-tidal CO2 capability
- Variable respiratory rates and inspiratory/expiratory ratios
- Visible chest rise with bag valve mask ventilation
- Unilateral chest rise with right mainstem intubation
- Lung ventilations are measured and logged
- Programmable unilateral chest rise and fall
- Unilateral lung sounds synchronized with respiratory rate
- Comprehensive ECG rhythm library
- ECG monitoring using real devices
- eCPR™ Real-time CPR performance monitor and trainer
- Effective chest compressions generate palpable pulses and CPR activity
- Healthy and abnormal heart sounds
- Virtual pacing and defibrillation
- Visible central cyanosis with programmable intensity
- Fontanelle, brachial, and umbilical pulses
- Blood pressure-dependent pulses
- Measure blood pressure using real modified BP cuff and Korotkoff sounds
- Pre-ductal and post-ductal O2 saturation values simulated on patient monitor
- Arterial/venous umbilical catheterization
- Bilateral IV arms
- IV access on the lower left leg
- Umbilical vein and arteries support catheterization and infusion
- Umbilical cutdown
- Intraosseous access and infusion at right tibia
- Bilateral anterolateral thigh intramuscular injection sites
- Interchangeable female and male genitalia
- Urinary catheterization with urine output
- Selectable bowel sounds
- 1-month neonate navel insert
- Programmable muscle tone: bilateral or unilateral arm movement, reduced, and limp
- Temperature sensor placement detection
UNI® Unified Simulator Control Software
- Unified software for all Gaumard simulators - Interface design and controls are shared across the entire line of computer-controlled Gaumard simulators.
- 3D patient visualization monitor
- Create your own scenarios –add/edit
- Includes 13 pre-programmed scenarios
- eCPR™ – Monitor rate and compression depth, no-flow time, rate, and excessive ventilation; smart trainer features vocal cues and outputs performance report.
- Generate and share simulated diagnostic lab results
- Interactive questionnaire form designer
- Track team and individual provider actions
- Time-stamped event recording and reporting
- Optional Automatic Mode responds to caregiver or instructor actions, pharmacologic intervention, injury, or cardiac and respiratory events.
- No annual license fee
Virtual Patient Monitor (option)
- Interactive virtual patient monitor displays vital signs in real-time
- Display up to 18 numeric values including HR, ABP, NIBP, NIBP Leg, SpO2, SpO2 PD, RR, EtCO2, CVP,PAP, CCO, SvCO2, temp
- Display up to 20 dynamic waveforms including ECG, Lead I, II, III, aVR, aVL, aVF, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, AVP, CVP, PAWP, pulse, CCO, SvO2, respiration, and more
- Customizable layout mimics real patient monitors
- Customizable threshold alarms
- Display simulated ultrasounds, CT scans, lab results, x-rays
- 20” touchscreen monitor and 12” portable tablet configurations available
- No annual license fee