The Male Catheterization Trainer allows trainees to learn urinary catheterization techniques specific to the male anatomy. The trainer meets the guidelines for preventing CAUTI through teaching aseptic insertion techniques. The insertion of the catheter passing along the urethra into the bladder corresponds closely to real life.
This module is also part of Standard 60851 and Advanced 60854 Catheterization Trainer.
- Supple urethra and resistant sphincter providing realistic response
- Ability to view catheter path
- Non-drip valve
- Reusable double-sleeve catheter packaging is supplied for teaching aseptic technique
- Syringe supplied with water-based lubricant to simulate proprietary local anaesthetic gel
- Skin surface is washable using soap & water
- Product is latex free (catheters provided contain latex)
- Correct handling of male anatomy
- Aseptic catheterization technique
- Withdrawal of catheter
- Urinary catheterization
- Fluid management